|Product Cycle||1 Sprint||1 Week|
Our product cycle is inspired by Michael Seibel’s talk Product Development Cycle
- Release product every sprint (1 week).
- Someone in charge of product. They are responsible for making sure team meets product goals, and team got product out the door.
- KPIs (new content, new users, retained users)
- Only one meeting, at the beginning of the product development cycle
- Meeting as long as it took to come to a decision / conclusion
- new features
- Every idea was written down, no idea was debated
- Assign easy, medium, hard
- Pick the hards first, then pick mediums, then pick easies
- Spec ideas out.
Product Person or Manager
The product manager is responsible for:
- Don’t change the spec.
- Don’t change the features list.
- No changing the scope of the sprint after the sprint has started. No fake Agile.
- No context switching after product meeting in the middle of 1 sprint product cycle.
The focus after the product meeting is to get product out the door, nothing else.
- Testing requirements are part of each product cycle’s list