Code Review Practices
- Code reviews at done BEFORE the code is merged into main branch via a pull request.
- An engineer’s direct manager should be added to every pull request.
- Code reviews are completed at the reviewer’s own time.
- All reviewer’s must approve before pull request can be approved.
Motivation for Code Review
- Committers are motivated to write better code knowing if someone will look at it.
- Learning and sharing knowledge on how to write better code.
- Consistency in design and coding style.
- Catching bugs, anti-patterns, and design flaws early.